Brookwood School District 167, in partnership with parents and community, will create a learning environment in which all students excel at becoming life long learners and decision makers.
• Families shape their children’s motivation, confidence, and academic success by being interested and involved in their overall development.
• All students are unique and should be challenged to the highest level of academic and artistic excellence.
• In the importance of staff development opportunities based on best practices and educational research.
• In educating our children in a safe and nurturing environment with access to state of the art technology.
• The school system should teach students to think critically enabling them to become contributing citizens in our global society.
• In continuous improvement in all aspects of the school system to foster a culture of excellence, accountability and integrity.
• In responsible stewardship of financial and physical resources.
[av_hr class=’default’ height=’50’ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’]
Our overall vision is to improve the achievement of all students, regardless of race, socioeconomic status, gender, or ability levels (disabilities). We share the accountability of student achievement throughout the school. We believe in using research‐based practices to achieve our goals. We promote school and community involvement because we believe that these partnerships help us meet the needs of all of our students.
We are committed to:
• Providing students with highly qualified teachers;
• Providing our staff with professional development; and
• Implementing effective instructional activities based on research.
We have high expectations of our students and of ourselves. We believe in working together as a professional learning community where collaboration and shared decision‐making are valued. Together we believe that we will make continuous improvement.
Our building is committed to answering the following four essential questions:
• What do we want students to learn? (Identify Essential Skills and Knowledge)
• How will we know if they have learned? (Local Assessment Data and Benchmarks)
• What do we do when students are not learning? (Tier 2 and Tier 3 Interventions and Tutoring Sessions)
• How will we respond when students already know the material | skills? (Providing a rigorous curriculum for all students)