POSITIVE NEWS! “SOMETHING TO CELEBRATE”
The end of the school year is a very busy time. However, we cannot lose sight of the many positive things taking place. We must take time to celebrate what we value. During the week of May 11, 2015, all of our 8th grade students received CPR training and certification. The Glenwood Fire Department partnered with Brookwood Jr. High School to help sponsor this training. We are so proud of our students and know that this training may save a life someday.
On Saturday, May 16, 2015, our seventh and eighth grade track athletes participated in the IESA Sectional Meet at Homewood Flossmoor High School. We competed against students attending schools in Homewood, Flossmoor, Chicago Heights, Calumet City, Harvey, Lansing, and Sauk Village. Three of our students advanced to the State Tournement! Davell Clemon, an eighth grade student, took 1st place in the 800 meter run. Caleb Snoddy, a seventh grade student, took 1st place in the 800 meter run. Alec Millender, a seventh grade student, took first place in the high jump. All three boys will compete in Peoria, Illinois on Saturday, May 23, 2015 and have a chance for the State Title in their events.
Finally, BJHS students have had opportunities during the past month to attend various field trips. Groups of students were able to go on the following field trips recently:
- Adler Planetarium
- Selma the Movie
- Technology Student Conference in Downers Grove
- Robotics Competition in Oak Park
- Museum of Science and Industry
- NJHS Student Workshop
- Student Council Clinic
- Thornton Quarry
- Lincoln Park Zoo
- Shrek the Musical
- The Holocaust Museum
- The Shedd Aquarium
- Springfield, IL
- Field Museum of Natural History
- Anime Convention in Rosemont, IL
- Coming Soon…7th Grade Trip…Architectural Boat Tour of Chicago & Navy Pier
- Coming Soon… Everett M. Dirksen U.S. Courthouse
We will formally be recognizing students for their many accomplishments at our upcoming Awards Ceremony on June 1st at 1:30 P.M. We hope you will be able to attend!
Bethany A. Lindsay, Principal
Brookwood Junior High School
2015 GRADUATION INFORMATION
IT’S THAT TIME OF THE YEAR!
GRADUATION AT BROOKWOOD JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL IS |THURSDAY, JUNE 4, 2015.
IMPORTANT GRADUATION INFORMATION!
8TH GRADE GRADUATION PHOTOGRAPHS (CAP & GOWN) WILL BE TAKEN ON FRIDAY, April 24, 2015
STUDENTS WILL BE GOING HOME WITH INSTANT PROOFS, CONSISTING OF TWO DIFFERENT POSES, AND INFORMATION ON ORDERING
With graduation, certain expenses are necessary. The following list will be the total cost for graduation and should be paid in the office.
**All payments must be made in CASH and in full by May 27, 2015.
Cap (includes tassel), gown, and medallion………………………… $42.00
- Autograph Book………………………………………….. $5.00
- 4” Graduation Bear…………………………………………. $5.00
- Graduation – Formal Dinner/Party @ Glenwoodie Golf Course (5/22/15)………………………… $38.00
Final Date For Payment/Reservation For Party Will Be May 8, 2015
The graduation party will be held on Friday, May 22, 2015 from 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM at Glenwoodie Golf Club.
**If parents would like to attend and have dinner with the students, the cost will be $25.00 for each parent.
Tickets To Graduation
Each 8th grade graduate will receive four (4) tickets. No extra tickets will be issued. This is due to safety & occupancy codes.
**Reminder – Any school fees incurred during the school year must be paid before graduation fees can be paid.
Time Sequence Of Events
- 6:00 PM Graduation: Students enter building through the northwest door (by Room 10) and report to assigned rooms. Students should report to school dressed in their caps and gowns.
- 6:00 PM Main Entry Doors: Will be open to ticket holders only! Everyone Entering Must Have A Ticket, Including Small Children
- 6:30 PM: Processional starts (promptly).