At each regular and special open meeting, members of the public and District employees may comment to or ask questions of the School Board, subject to reasonable constraints.
The individuals appearing before the Board are expected to follow these guidelines:
- Address the Board only at the appropriate time as indicated on the agenda and when recognized by the Board President;
- Identify oneself and be brief. Ordinarily, comments shall be limited to five (5) minutes. In unusual circumstances, and when an individual has made a request in advance to speak for a longer period of time, the individual may be allowed to speak for more than five (5) minutes;
- Observe the Board President’s decision to shorten public comment to conserve time and give the maximum number of individuals an opportunity to speak;
- Observe the Board President’s decision to determine procedural matters regarding public participation not otherwise covered in Board policy;
- Observe the Board President’s decision to decide the appropriateness of the subject being presented and the suitability of the time for such a presentation;
- Conduct oneself with respect and civility toward others and otherwise abide by Board policy.