Superintendent’s Goals 2015 – 2016 | Goal 1
Technology assessment of all schools in Brookwood 167, which will include inventory, infrastructure, what we have, what we need, and adhere to the technology plan that was developed and filed with ISBE.
- The district has started the technology assessment needs of all four schools with the Director of Technology overseeing the process commencing with meetings with principals, visits to schools and auditing the number of computers and digital assets by building. I have attached a copy of the audit assessment of the new technology that has been audited for review. We will be using the Destiny system to continue the auditing of district assets and digital equipment and tagging. The superintendent researched and worked with Prairie Technology to come up with the best system for auditing and assessment of equipment that we have and will need in the future.
- The superintendent researched and visited different schools and attended various workshops through Apple and other PC companies to determine the best company to come in and complete the Infrastructure analysis to ensure that we can move forth with the 1:1 digital program and also to have a state of the arts infrastructure for future use. Last Friday, May 26, 2015, the WiTs Wireless Solution Company from Atlanta, Georgia, worked for a full week in the district and completed the infrastructure analysis consisting of:
- Survey existing wireless infrastructure
- Visual inspection of access points locations & hardware
- Check and identify specific AP locations
- Photographed all locals
- Conducted wireless survey using aerohive access points
- Analyzed and confirmed power settings
- Document current wireless infrastructure
I have attached the original proposal of work covered by the infrastructure company WiTs and will submit their full analysis report after it has been completed and sent to our office.
Goal Status: Achieved and must continue the goal for the future based on Brookwood Technology Plan listed needs.